Spoede Elementary School resides on 9.79 acres. In the 1930s, $70,000 was spent to build Spoede Elementary. Prior to hosting a school, the land was home to a tree nursery. Then, in 1949, the Ladue School District annexed the Spoede Elementary School District, along with three other elementary school districts, at their request. Spoede Elementary School was expanded in 1954, 1959, 1964, 1966, 2001 and 2007.

In 1987-88, Spoede Elementary School was named a Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Education.

Spoede Elementary, 425 N. Spoede Road

Click here to see the full district history